Wednesday 23 November 2011

The fur

Last night I had a go at the rabbit fur.  It was 1 am and I was supposed to be going to bed, I'd already spent half an hour in the rabbit room feeding, watering and cuddling the babies.   The skin of the pelt had dried out quite quickly so I started manipulating it , stretching gently and rubbing it together like you would washing. The rubbing didn't do much good so I used a rounded bit of wood I had handy and rubbed it back and forth on that, working my way around the pelt.  After working a part of it I could see the difference in the skin.  It went from a creamy brown colour to white.  I had to be really careful stretching it as the skin is quite thin. I did break it at one point.  I'm not too bothered by this though as I see this one as a practice piece.  I've never done this before so this a learning process

I worked it all over for a while.  Bear in mind this is 1.15 am and I'm quite tired.  I do have a problem going to bed too late!  It was softening up nicely I thought, I was working the edges the most as they were quite stiff. Each stretch or rub would make it a bit more white.  Quite satisfying work.

This morning I have a look at it and it still quite stiff, perhaps I should wet it a bit more and do some more work on it.

Any comments are welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment